- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The notice to you and choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to our users and improve our business.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us or information provided through a social network.For example, some of our services require you to sign up for an account, provide information for a contest or award, or link an account through a social network. Examples of the information we collect may include email, name or phone number.We work with social networks including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn. We have access to information you directly provide and information through those social networking services based on your privacy settings on those networks.
- Information we get from your use of our services.We may collect usage information when you visit different parts of our site or use our applications. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services and from third parties to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings and to protect us and our users. We may also use this aggregated and demographic information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by TecheNinja and our advertising / marketing partners, affiliates, or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We and our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our Site, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our Site and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These cookies remember what you have looked at on the Site and other sites, and may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- Mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing, analytics, and the products and services we offer you.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any content, events or promotions that may interest you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the app or OS level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user/device identification information.
We collect your location based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area.
If you no longer wish to allow us to track your geo-location information in the Mobile App you may turn this off at the device level.
Access and Choice
You have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please delete your TecheNinja account. If you have any problems or questions, please let us know by contacting us here firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. We will respond to your request to access within 30 calendar days.
Where you have provided us with the appropriate permissions, or where we are legally entitled to do so, we will provide you with marketing materials by email.
You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the marketing email, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- For legal reasons.We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer.If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on our website.
- In anonymous form for business purposes.We may share anonymous, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners such as businesses which we have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share this button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, andmay set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold however no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well.
Children Under 13
Our website is not directed toward children under 13 and we will not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your childâ€™s information on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and by using our website or providing us with personal information, you consent to such processing and storage.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
What Are Cookies and What do They Do?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Information gathered through cookies may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed and the time spent at our Website.
The National Advertising Initiative has more information on cookies here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
What Happens if I Block Cookies?
In order to use certain services offered through our Website, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of the Website may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of our services available from our Website.
We use “analytics” cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of our Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our users. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie.
These cookies allow us to know whether or not you’ve seen an advert or a type of advert, and how long it is since you’ve seen it.
A lot of the advertisements you see on our website are generated by third parties. Some of these third parties use their own anonymous cookies to track how many people have seen a particular ad, or to track how many people have seen it more than once.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies, and we have no access to read or write these cookies. These third party advertising cookies may be used by those third parties to anonymously target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to our website. For more information about these cookies and how to disable them please visit Your Online Choices.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we and our partners use and the purposes for which they are used below:
To store information such as the time you visit our Website, whether you have visited before and the website that you visited prior to visiting our Website. These cookies are set by Google and Scorecardresearch.
For further information about Google Analytics please see: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
For further information about Scorecard research please see:
Our Website uses a variety of advertising cookies which may change from time to time. Therefore it is not possible to provide a full list of these cookies in our Policy. However, you may contact us for more information by emailing us at privacy@TecheNinja.com
For more general information about advertising cookies and how to disable them please visit Your Online Choices and All About Cookies
Most of our cookies expire within 30 days, although our analytics cookies may persist for between 2 and 10 years.